Sunday, April 7, 2013

We'll Meet Again

I will be back in Cebu in four weeks and will be meeting up with Jeff Lassen for a few soft drinks and a bite of lunch. It has been nearly a decade since we last met and some 4 or 5 years almost since he asked me to be his Literary Executor. So much has happened in that time. Yet so much hasn't happened, either. Both of us are still here. His writing is out there but without any active promotion it hasn't 'sold' a great deal although it has been downloaded and read. In fact, I point to Jeff's work when I teach classes on writing to illustrate how you can be a very good writer yet never make the 'big time'. I guess it is all about getting the right breaks. Or making them happen. It certainly has nothing, or very little to do with actual talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment